ponedeljek, 23. april 2012

The opening act - music


Listening to Ed Sheeran at the moment, which to tell you the truth I discovered a long time ago with the song ‘’You need me, I don’t need u’’. Today, when I listen to a cover of ‘’The A team’’ made by the newcomers The Loveable Rogues (more about them later), I realized that this little twenty year old ginger singer is quite good!
Ed sound is fresh, songs are real, everybody can find a little piece of them self inside these songs. Plus is one of my top albums right now. Plus is a good ‘’therapy’’ for these rainy days here in London.

My name is Saraja - a wannabe actress, presenter, stylist, musician, dancer, (pretty much everything) trying to find her career in the great London city. I said to myself; everybody is ‘’blogging’’, why shouldn't I?

And then I thought; Saraja you are not quite of a writer (true, true), maybe people wouldn't get you (another true true moment). Would people read about everyday struggles of a 21-year old mixed girl from Slovenia (which a lot of people don’t know where Slovenia is – we are in the EU!)
Oh what the heck, I'm just going to write and write and write and that’s it! Maybe someone is going to enjoy and laugh- That's all I want - to make people happy (that sounds so bad-television kind of statement). 

Today the first one is about music. Music has always been in my life, since I was five when I enrol to our music school in my home town. Now you’re thinking, which instrument did I play? Yap, I choose the hardest one. No, it’s not the harp, but it was one of my top choices. It’s the fucking violin, the bitch of the music instrument scene! #yeah 
But it was quite a struggle at the beginning. I can say that - I didn't like it at first, but later one I realized the true beauty of the music that one violin can make. 

At the age of 17 I stopped playing, you know, high school madness was more important at the time. But when I went to Uni, I discovered that my talent didn't fade away and just played for myself. I have to say, I miss my violin at the moment. There's a place you go, when you start to play the instrument you like. I think if you ask anyone that plays something and does it because the really love it, they would probably tell you the same- about ''the place''. Where you just let it be, where there is no problems, no bills, no traffic, no sadness - pure happiness. 

Let’s go back to Ed Sheeran and his album; right now listening to ‘’Autumn Leaves’’ in which you can really hear how this young voice can touch your heart with a nice melody, lovely voice and amazing lyrics. It reminds me of a singer known as Damien Rice and well I can hear the same soul and style of writing between him and the ginger young singer. What do you think? It’s Ed the new Damien?


Let’s don’t forget about the BGT 2012 sensation, the Loveable Rogues who amazed the crowd with their song ''Love Sick''. I have to say, they have an awesome style; we have the lovely soul vocal of Te, amazing songs written by Eddie and the youngest (I think) and cutest Sonny with his little guitar and beautiful voice. They collide with each other perfectly; my opinion is this little group will go far in the music industry. 


My suggestion for today is: get Ed’s album PLUS, subscribe and follow Loveable Rogues and enjoy the music!   

Finish with a quote:                                    
''They say art is a gift from God; then young talents never sin!''

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar